When it comes to saving for your future, a pension is possibly the most important plan you will ever have. It is an essential, flexible and tax-efficient way to secure your retirement. We can advise you on all aspects of your retirement plan, whether you are looking to set up a pension for the first time or you want your existing provisions reviewed.
The key elements of retirement planning are:
– Retirement goal setting i.e. your desired retirement age and lifestyle
– Maximising tax relief
– Developing an appropriate investment strategy suitable to your risk profile
– Post retirement options – annuities or approved retirement fund (ARFs)
– Minimising pension charges
The most suitable pension for you will depend on your employment details: are you self-employed, an employee, in the public or private sector, or a company director? Our experience and knowledge means that we can recommend the best pension arrangement for your needs.
These are the various types of pensions:
– Personal Pensions Plan/ Retirement Annuity Contracts
– Personal Retirements Savings Account (PRSA)
– Executive Pension Plan (for Directors and key employees)
– Self-Administered Pension Schemes
– Personal Retirement Bonds/ Buy Out Bonds (from former employment)
– Additional Voluntary Contributions (AVCs)
When setting up a pension, reviewing a pension or approaching retirement age, it’s important to bear in mind your options when drawing down your pension. An annuity gives you a guaranteed income for life, whereas an Approved Retirement Fund (ARF) allows you to reinvest your pension funds and draw from it as you see fit. There are rules and regulations in place regarding ARFs and annuities – we can explain these to you, and help you feel confident in your eventual choice.
Be the first to know about the latest news, views, services and special offers at Progressive Financial Services.